Monday, April 27, 2009

Test Overdose

FORMER WWE wrestler Andrew 'Test' Martin died after overdosing on the painkiller known as 'Hillbilly heroin', The Sun can reveal.

The Hillsborough County Medical Examiner announced that the cause of death was Oxycodone intoxication and ruled the manner of death was accidental overdose.

Oxycodone is the addictive ingredient found in the painkiller OxyContin.

The pill, dubbed ‘Hillbilly heroin’, is widely abused and linked to hundreds of deaths in the US including that of Test's fellow wrestler Sensational Sherri Martel and Oscar winning actor Heath Ledger.

Test was found dead at his apartment in Tampa, Florida, on March 14 after a neighbour reported that he had appeared motionless for several hours.

The 33-year-old grappler was known to have had issues with steroids, painkillers and alcohol throughout the last decade – although he had recently completed a successful stint in rehab paid for by his former employer.